The goal for Gimli’s Chamber of Commerce is to support local businesses, industry and other organizations that have an economic impact in the RM of Gimli. We will strive to foster economic growth that will generate a stronger business sector and community at large, making Gimli an end destination for business and leisure.
The Chamber of Commerce is currently an all-volunteer organization. We will do what we can to provide an environment that encourages the creation, sustainability and profitability of not only existing, but new businesses as well. Through our partnership with the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce we will provide networking, training opportunities and access to special business benefits to our members. We will do our utmost to keep our Chamber members informed about community developments that might directly impact local businesses and provide applicable feedback to Gimli’s municipal government as the voice of business in Gimli.
Stephen Bannister, CD
Gimli Chamber of Commerce President
Gimli Chamber Executive Committee Meetings
The Gimli Chamber Executive Committee meets monthly during its one year elected term, with the exception of July and August when it does not meet due to everyone’s busy summer schedules. Any general member of the Gimli Chamber is welcome to attend these meetings as a guest.
The Chair of these meetings is Stephen Bannister who is the current elected President of the Gimli Chamber as of the April 17, 2018 AGM.
Executive Committee 2018 Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday, May 9 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
- Wednesday, June 13 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
- Wednesday, September 12 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
- Wednesday, October 10 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
- Wednesday, November 14 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview
- Wednesday, December 12 @ 7:00pm at the Lake Resort
Gimli Chamber General Membership Meetings
The Gimli Chamber General Membership meets on a quarterly basis. All members and guests are invited to attend these meetings.
2018 Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday, March 21 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
- Tuesday, April 17 @ 7:00pm – AGM at the Lakeview Resort
- Wednesday, June 20 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
- Wednesday, September 26 @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
- Wednesday, November 21, @ 7:00pm at the Lakeview Resort
Gimli Chamber Supported Events
1. Accessible Customer Service Standard Training Workshop
Presented by: Gimli Chamber of Commerce
Facilitated & Funded by: Community Futures East Interlake
Learn more about the Customer Service Standard and how it affects you whether you are a business or a non-profit organization.
Workshop Date & Time: October 22 7-9pm
Location: Lakeview Resort Gimli
Eligible Participants: Businesses & non-profit organizations located in the RM of Gimli
2.Manitoba Chambers of Commerce
Hosted by: Gimli Chamber of Commerce
Presented by: Manitoba Chambers of Commerce
The Gimli Chamber of Commerce will host the 2019 Manitoba Chambers of Commerce Annual General Meeting and Conference in Gimli.
Workshop Date & Time: May 2-3, 2019
Location: Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre
Eligible Participants: Chambers of Commerce from across Manitoba